Thailand has three seasons - rainy, "cold," and hot. Right now, it is hot season. See, I think Thailand's three seasons should be more aptly named "hot," "hotter," and "hottest." By that nomenclature, it would be "hottest" season now and the heat is not yet even at it's peak. By the thermometer, today was 99 F. Factor in HUMIDITY, and it feels like 110 F. No wonder I feel like dying. Remember, the heat is not yet at it's peak. My aunt told me it can get up to 40 C, which is well over 100 F.
Yuli teased me, when I complained again about having a headache and feeling fatigued, "I am four months pregnant and I am stronger than you!" I wanted to retort, "Yes, but you live downtown. You live on the BTS, you barely walk outside, and then you take a cab to your house or your husband picks you up. I have to take the bus, which with the way traffic has been lately, takes an hour before I have to walk another 10-15 minutes outside to the BTS station. Coming back it may only be a 45 minute busride, but I have to wait in the suffering heat for the bus/sawngtaew. And the times I actually do catch the air-conditioned bus, it's warm rather than roasting hot because the AC is so effective." But I kept my mouth shut.
So, at least for the weekend, I am off to Singapore where the temperature is generally in the upper 80s. I really have about 48 hours, so there will not be much sleeping - plenty of eating and exploring. I'm afraid it won't be the most comprehensive trip, but if I didn't have to get back to school, i would have taken off more time. Ah well. I plan to pretty much eat all day, everyday.
In the meantime, Yuli, Young Joo, and I are going out for Indian food tomorrow before school. Young Joo might be the only truly normal and cool Korean girl in Asia. Seriously, she makes fun of the Thai chicks at California WOW with me, the ones who put on makeup before they get to the gym, then after they arrive before they workout in their Puma street shoes on the treadmill going two kilometers an hour or sit on the bike burning 11 calories per hour. And she actually tries in class.
Monday, April 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment