Monday, April 23, 2007

The Past is Amusing

My crazy ex-pro jetskier friend for some odd reason decided to send me a scan of my senior year high school portrait. I think this is hilarious. He is totally crazy but in a fun and amusing way and well, he's a family friend as well. This is a guy who can get away with what every other guy would get punched in the face for doing. For example, he can obviously ogle women's breasts and make an equally obvious U-turn just to talk to aforementioned breasts' owners and the women LOVE HIM FOR IT. I have seen this happen. Anyway, this is me at age 16 (yes yes, I did not turn 17 until the very end of my senior year). Ha ha, babyfat! Makeup! Innocence! AAAHAHAHAHHAHA!


Then, my cousin and her fiance found a photo album my father must have left here in Thailand. Half of the pictures are from my parents' honeymoon, the other half from my dad's bachelor days, I assume.


(My effing camera won't focus properly, sorry, but you can see they are very hip and all 70s. Also my parents are slim and manage to look normal height - you would never guess they are short as shit. Ha ha.)


I believe this picture to be the sort I would take. You make someone pose for you so you can really sneak a picture of the background. I suspect the photographer was a male. My father is very dapper, isn't he?

My cousin also told me a story about how, back in the day when my father lived with them, her mom was opening up the house in the early morning and there was a woman waiting on the doorstep for my father. My aunt told her to shoo the woman away, so she said "You have to leave! He is not home! GO!" Hahahahahaha. I am going to ask my dad about it in person, with my mom there so I can see their faces. My parents were already together by that time.

Recap of China to come. I'm so sick of China though and I'm headed off to some islands on Wednesday - Khao Lak and Koh Lanta. Five-star resorts, baby. I have on day (Tuesday) to try to convince my yogi to come with me so we can you know, um, do synchronized yoga all weekend.

No comments: