Saturday, January 27, 2007

Miss Open

Recently, my cousin reminded me of a "story" my father told us the last time he was in Thailand. See, back in the Asia days, my parents worked together (sort of). They had a mutual friend/colleague who still lives here. Had there been enough time on our last family trip here a year ago, they would have tried to meet up with him. However, there wasn't, but my father did manage to talk to him on the phone. Each time they spoke, the friend always inquired, "How is Miss Open doing?"

Miss Open is my mother. They called her Miss Open because she had a bad habit of sitting down with her legs splayed, rather than crossed. She wore miniskirts often. Hua commented that she seemed to have passed that trait on to me.



Anyway, Bangkok notes:
-Yesterday I got off the bus as I was coming home after school and found myself face to face with a goat nibbling on the bush. No, not mine, a plant. I guess it had run away from the mosque's goat farm next door to my family's house. How the goat managed to cross 8 lanes of traffic...I'm not sure.
-I am officially ripped, lean, and I guess hot. Trust me. I tried on clothes and even managed to look good in those terrible department store mirrors with the terrible lighting. Some dudes even said, "wow," when I walked by. Cool.
-Negating the "ripped, lean, and hot" new me, mosquitoes have realized that attacking my body isn't pleasant because I am usually lathered in DEET mosquito-repellent lotion; of course, I won't put that on my face, so that part is now their new favorite lunch. "Ripped, lean, and bumpy-faced."